“"Libraries store the energy that fuels the imagination. They open up windows to the world and inspire us to explore and achieve, and contribute to improving our quality of life."
” - Sidney Sheldon
Knowledge is the goal of an educational institution and the universe of knowledge is the library. So, College library supports the institute’s academic programmes by provision of information and knowledge required by the students and teachers. The library is an example of modern methods for applying and utilizing the information, inculcating ideas, developing creative thinking and imagination, and equipping students with life-long learning skills. It is a repository of raw information capital in areas related to research and teaching. Having more than 1,33,985 books, 154 journals, 91 magazines and 30 titles of Hindi and English newspapers, the college library boosts intellectual growth and strengthens the motto, “Read Today, Lead Tomorrow.” Moreover, the college has its in-house publications, the college newsletter ‘Subodh Newsletter’ featuring news in and around the campus along with creative writings by the students as well as the faculty members that connect the college with an external community. It fosters intellectual growth and advances the mission of the college by providing physical and digital access of the resources to the students and the faculty members. Library develops a sense of responsibility in the pursuit of knowledge in each student
College also releases a newspaper “Subodh Times” in every two months, published by Department of Journalism and Mass Communication. The objective of this newspaper is to provide updates and information about the events and activities organized by the college.
“Subodh Journal of Recent Trends in Information Technology” (SJRTIT, ISSN No. 0975-9875) is a National, Bi-annual blind peer reviewed research journal published with an aim to provide a platform to scholars and researchers to share their research papers, articles and reviews related to issues pertaining to Information Technology and Computer Science with the academic community and industry.
“Subodh Journal of Social Science & Humanities” is an international, Bi-annual peer reviewed research journal (ISSN:2582-0567) that aims to provide a platform for contribution of original research papers, articles and reviews, which focus on issues concerning Social Sciences & Humanities. It is a research publication of Subodh College Research Council engaged in publishing original research work with contemporary relevance in areas of both Social Sciences and Humanities.
“Subodh Journal of Commerce and Management” is an international, Bi-annual blind peer reviewed research journal (ISSN Online 2581-4338, Cosmos impact factor 3.152, SJIF Value: 4.419). The journal invites more and more research scholars and academicians to get associated through their contributions in the form of original, quality research papers, scholarly articles and reviews.
More than 1.42 Lakh e-books (06 database which include INFLIBNET, NDL, eShodhSindhu etc.), and 45248 E-journals, Open Public Access Catalogue facility
- Book bank facility for meritorious as well as for needy students.
- Reading rooms with comfortable seating to make reading pleasurable.
- Open Public Access Catalogue facility through automated library with Barcode system.
- Photocopier facility is available at nominal charges.
- Facility of Readers’ Orientation Programme.
Library Rules and Regulations
- Entry in the library is strictly through Identity cum Library card.
- Two books to UG level students and three books to PG level students can be issued at a time for 14 days and if the book is not in demand the same can be reissued for further 14 days.
- If the book is not deposited in scheduled time, a fine of Rs. 10/- per day per book will be charged.
- If the issued book is lost, the responsibility has to be borne by the borrower and he/she has to deposit another copy of the book of the same or the latest edition. If the book is not replaced, one has to deposit double cost of the book as a fine.
- Any damage caused to the library property and books of the library, in terms of writing, underlining or tearing the pages, is subjected to the disciplinary action as per the college rules.
- As the library is automated /computerized hence, any damage caused to the barcode of the book is subjected to a fine of Rs. 100/- for each book.
- Students have to pay Rs. 100/- for the loss of Identity cum Library card.
- Apart from the above rules, the library has a booklet of rules and regulations which is available at the counter.
- As per the Government directives from time to time, wearing masks and maintaining social distance will be compulsory in the library and college premises